Saturday, 15 August 2015

Pre-project records

Week 3

5 ideas were brought to the workshop and discussed with the course colleagues.
(*5 ideas drafts are written on the notebook, would be uploaded a scanned version lately)


After sharing my ideas in two different groups, 2 of my 5 ideas were proved to be potentially interested to become an actual project. 2 ideas are "Find those birds" and "Fashion trend". 

I also found other member's interesting ideas, including detective games, recipe finder, a Jurassic Park related database, etc. Apart from focusing on the interesting elements,  everyone was also concerned about the feasibility of the idea, which is also the most-concerned question during the sharing of ideas. 


I determined my presented project to be "Find those birds", which was similar to the app done by previous groups "Natural disasters". The idea is to show the bird distribution on map within Australia and provide detailed information about each species, including images and videos. The information is expected to require from Trove and another ongoing nationwide bird observation project called "Atlas Birdata". Presented poster is shown as followed: 

Week 4
The idea showcase was held on the workshop this week. 

Every one was given three notes to vote for other projects as their preferred project. I really like the web validator idea on the aged website and also glad to see the idea with same direction as mine "Wrecked ship". 


I was distributed to the group doing idea "Restoring the web" based on my vote of preference. The team members are Lilly, Lyndon and Rena. After the efficient first meeting, we have set up team blogs, team Github and team Facebook group. I was in charge of the front end build-up and everyone was given a week to research regards of their role in the team. The plan is to find some existing website with html/css editor with the instant and live preview effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment